Saturday, February 13, 2010

Breast cancer,Joy's story of success

My experience with IPT at Dr. Donato Perez Garcia office

Dear Dr. Donato,

In the midst of all the busy-ness yesterday and my long list of questions, I neglected to say "Thank You" to you for all your help with so many things.

For instance, Thank You for ordering some extra vitamin C and for administering it to me!

Thank you for explaining the labs. Thank you for doing what you can to keep the prices reasonably affordable for me, and fair to yourself as well. I guess maybe it is a bit of a struggle for you, as for me, and that we are both trying says a lot about the relationship.

I was talking with Jeanie Staskus Carter today. Jeanie is the person who strongly recommended you to me at a time when I had no intention of returning to Mexico.

Anyway, Jeanie is always very clear about where she stands. She indicated that a lot of the cancer patients in her macrobiotic group are fanatical about avoiding prescription medicines. However, Micho Kushi, his wife and daughter, all have cancer despite promoting macrobiotics for cancer. The wife and daughter died, and if he is still alive (which I am unsure) he nonetheless had surgery.

Jeanie has always been very firm of what a wonderful and good doctor you are. And I said to her, that there are so many things that I appreciate about you, but most of all, I appreciate that you are willing to "co-partner" with me.

As you know, I have not been good about taking everything you prescribed for me. However, I have been busy working on my stressful relationship with Dan and with my Hawaii home situation. Both are better now, and I can now focus more on my protocol. This is because you allowed me both the room and the support to take care of what was most important to me, even if it contradicted your recommended protocol.

I can heal according to my priorities, because I have a very understanding, flexible, generous, and resourceful doctor who understands that I have many needs in order to heal. They are not all having to do with following the protocol exactly, although of course that is ideal.

When I met you, I had never trusted a doctor in my life, nor did I ever expect to do so. I am not a trusting person by nature. My standards are very high, and many cannot possibly meet them.

In your own way, especially at the beginning when I most needed your non-medical support, you did things that were more supportive and affirming to me, the suffering individual being who felt without support or a strong voice to state her own needs, than my own family or partner. For instance, you suggested that I go to Palm Springs - no one close to me ever suggested that to me even though it would be a logical suggestion if someone cared about me and knew how cold I got. It took over 40 years for someone caring and objective to make a very logical, practical suggestion. I so much appreciate that.

I tell people that when I first starteds IPT with you, I did not realize that my home with Dan in Los Angeles was so traumatic and stressful for me. I learned this because when I went to your office, I felt I was in a "safe zone." So that is how I discovered that home was a "war zone." Over time, that difference in environments changed. Dan still does outrageous things sometimes, but we get along much better now. All this is due to my being strong enough to stand up for myself, and make some adjustments that caused him to also make adjustments. We are still working on this. But I know that the strength that I got from your support and the safety I felt in your office is what allowed me/us to make some important changes in our relationship.

Anyway, I know you have so many patients with so many needs. I apologize for often keeping you and your staff late to lunch and your other important tasks with my many questions and needs.

But THANK YOU for being my doctor.

I often cry when I think about all the good and caring that you have done for me - even now.

I hope you do understand how much what you have done and what you continue to do means to me...

With love, incomparable regard and immeasurable gratitude,

Your patient,

Joy
(Aug 2006)

Award Presentation to Dr.Donato Perez Garcia, MD during The 14th Annual Conference of the Mexican College of Cellular Therapy and Regenerative Medicine

Mexico City. December 9, 2023. The 14th Annual Conference of the Mexican College of Cellular Therapy and Regenerative Medicine took place. I...