Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fate works in mysterious ways, when learning about IPT was a bit like finding a needle in a haystack.


Fate works in mysterious ways.



I came to Dr. Donato Perez Garcia III circuitously, at a time when learning about IPT was a bit like finding a needle in a haystack.  Dial back to 1997, before social media, before Rabbi Google.  I was 41, the mother of a one-year-old boy, and, I thought at the time, in glowing health.  Discovering I had breast cancer did not compute because I was the pillar of strength.  The only thing I could attribute its emergence to was the preceding two most stressful years of my life.  Among other things, during this period I watched my mother slowly wither away through two rounds of chemotherapy in a failed attempt to beat back ovarian cancer.  

In my mind, I decided I would rather die than subject myself to what she went through.  And thus started my search for alternatives to radiation and chemotherapy.  During this search I discovered a mouthful of mercury fillings were causing my mercury levels to go off the charts.  I found a trustworthy, pioneering dentist affiliated with a health and wellness clinic in Florida -- 2500 miles from my home in Oregon -- and flew there to undergo the lengthy and costly procedure of having my mercury removed.  During the chelation phase at the clinic I made friends with the nurse practitioner, who learned of my history with breast cancer, and how I had managed to avoid its widespread advance, but not its gradual spread.  Nothing I did seemed to stop it.  

I left Florida for a few weeks, and when I returned, my nurse friend had just come from Mexico, where – while I was gone -- she studied an innovative cancer treatment with Dr. Donato Perez Garcia III.  Her enthusiasm was barely containable.  Knowing I was leaving for Oregon the next morning and with no time to waste, she sat me down in her office, where we poured over the thick IPT training manuals she had brought back and she explained to me her understanding of how the treatment worked.  

Back home in Oregon, while I was researching the scant handful of doctors on the west coast practicing IPT, an old friend from graduate school called me.  I told her I was considering Mexico for a cancer treatment I had learned about.  

"Hmmm, I'd be careful about trying anything in Mexico," my friend cautioned.  "But that said, I do have a friend who was treated for cancer many years ago in Mexico City, and she's doing just fine today, traveling all over the world eating whatever she wants."  (Over the years I had shared with my friend numerous and ridiculously extreme diets I had tried since diagnosed with cancer.)

"It couldn't be the same treatment,” I said.  “The doctor I'm considering is in Tijuana, not Mexico City."

"The next time she calls I’ll ask her about it.”

A few weeks later, my friend called again. I couldn’t believe my ears when she told me her friend had been treated by a Dr. Donato Perez Garcia, but in Mexico City, not in Tijuana.  "No way,” I said, jaw dropping.  “Is this just an insane coincidence – two doctors with the same name, one in Mexico City and the other in Tijuana?"

“Maybe he moved from Mexico City to TJ?” my friend suggested.

“I guess.” 

Of course, soon thereafter, sitting in Dr. Donato Perez Garcia III's reception office soon thereafter, and browsing through literature, the mystery was solved.  It was his late father who had successfully treated my friend’s friend in Mexico City. 

As for me, it has now been more than 10 years since I first saw Dr. Donato, and I am fine today.  I started with an intense series of IPT treatments which, under the good doctor’s supervision, were gradually tapered off over the years as my body recovered. 

I don’t believe any cancer patient is ever completely out of the woods, because any number of things can trigger its onset.  For me, an overabundance of either stress or sugar almost certainly will. 

But what I do know is that the IPT treatments gradually reduced the tumor(s) to negligible levels, enabled me to strengthen my body, and to go on to lead a healthy life unfettered by fear about living with or dying from cancer.

I am indebted to Dr. Donato Perez Garcia III for my life, and consider him to be one of the angels on this planet.  

It is my hope that this letter will give encouragement to and instill confidence in anyone considering IPT as a treatment.  And if you’re lucky enough to be Dr. Donato’s patient, count your blessings.
Debra
(September 2012)

Award Presentation to Dr.Donato Perez Garcia, MD during The 14th Annual Conference of the Mexican College of Cellular Therapy and Regenerative Medicine

Mexico City. December 9, 2023. The 14th Annual Conference of the Mexican College of Cellular Therapy and Regenerative Medicine took place. I...